Terms and Conditions
- In these terms and conditions: 'you' or 'your' means the person ordering a product or products detailed on our website; and 'we' , 'us' or 'our' means Hi Kent.
2) Products and orders
- Any order you place with us is an offer from you to buy products. We accept that offer when we receive your payment, not before.
- If we cannot provide the products you order, we will give you the option to cancel your order or place an alternative order. If necessary we may cancel your order, or you may cancel it before we have sent the products to you.
- We may substitute or change the exact details of products at any time. Once again, we will try and tell you about changes that affect your order before we send the products to you. However, if we send the products to you, you can return them to us under our 28-day money-back guarantee.
3) Price and payment
- Prices shown against the products do not include the cost of postage and packing, but this is shown in the checkout process.
- All our prices are applicable from 1st January and will be held for a period of one year as far as possible. If we do have to change any of our prices we will tell you before we send the products to you. We will give you the option to cancel your order.
- You can pay for your products using any one of the payment cards detailed on our website. When paying by credit card or debit card, the person placing the order must be the credit card or debit card holder or have the credit or debit card holder's authorisation. If the credit card or debit card holder later denies authorisation, you may be charged with a criminal offence.
- Prices shown do not include VAT unless we say otherwise.
- To qualify for VAT reflief the product or service must be supplied for the 'personal or domestic use' of a disabled person. Some of our products cannot be purchased with VAT relief as they do not qualify as a piece of equipment specifically for a disabled person. Please tick the box to claim VAT relief where appropriate.
- Your card will be debited at the time of placing your order.
- We expect to deliver products to you within 14 days of your order. However, delivery times quoted are estimates and we cannot be held responsible for any failure to deliver products to you within any quoted delivery time.
- We will always deliver products to you or contact you at the address you have given, unless you tell us otherwise.
5) Non-delivery, shortages or damage claims
- If the products you receive are damaged in transit, you must tell us in writing within seven days of receiving the products. We will send you a replacement order but you must return the damaged products, together with all the packaging for us to inspect. We will refund the postage and packing costs of you returning the products.
- If you do not receive your products within 10 days of the date of the invoice we send to you, tell us immediately and no later than 14 days after the date of the invoice.
- As long as you meet the conditions set out in this clause, and the products you return prove to be damaged or faulty, or there is a shortage of products, we will replace these products. However, please remember that we will not have to make good any shortage, damage or fault if you fail to notify us as specified.
6) Cancellations and returns
- If, before your products are delivered, you want to cancel an order, please let us know, by post, telephone, textphone, fax or email, as soon as you possibly can.
- If you cancel an order by telephone, we will also need written confirmation from you. You will be given a full refund (including the costs of any postage and packing costs paid) as long as we receive the cancellation not later than seven days after the date you placed the order.
- We cannot be held responsible for any products you return until we receive them. We recommend you get proof, from the post office, that you have posted the products to us.
7) Money-back guarantee
- Hi Kent will refund any item (less postage) within 28 days of purchase (proof of purchase required)
- We will only accept returns of products which the guarantee applies to if you return them in their original packaging with any instruction sheets and in an 'as new' condition. We will then exchange the products or give you a refund.
- If you return products that are not 'as new', or outside the 28-day period, then unless we agree otherwise in writing, we may refuse to give you a refund or we may charge you a handling charge.
- This guarantee does not apply if you have used the products, other than to assess whether they are satisfactory, or you have used the products incorrectly.
- Hi Kent warrants that the goods supplied are as described and are of good quality and workmanship upon the date that the goods were despatched.
- Hi Kent will not be liable in any way if a defect is found due to:
- the goods being used, or have been used, in any way not recommended by the manufacturer
- misuse, neglect or damage caused by the customer
- fair wear and tear is judged to have caused the defect.
- We have no obligations under this warranty if you have not paid the full price of the products by the date full payment is due.
- Any claim made by a Customer that goods are defective, for whatever reason, must be made in writing to Hi Kent within 14 days of receipt of the goods.
- Hi Kent will not be liable for any consequential loss caused by defect in the goods as a result of b) above.
9) Repairs outside the period of the warranty
- When you are returning products for repair that are not under warranty, you must clearly state why you are returning them and give us full details of the problems you are having with the products.
- We will provide a quotation for repairs, but only if you write to ask us to do this.
- We only agree to repair products if it is economical to do so. If we do not think it is economical to repair the products, we will tell you this in writing and give you 30 days to confirm how you want us to dispose of the products in question. If you do not respond within 30 days, you authorise us to dispose of the products safely on your behalf.
- If you have asked us for a quote for the repairs we will write to tell you the estimated cost of the repair. We will not begin the repair until we have received your written confirmation to go ahead. If we do not receive a written confirmation from you within 60 days of our estimate, we will assume you do not want us to go ahead with the repair. If you do not want to go ahead with the repair after receiving our estimate, or if we do not hear from you within 60 days of our estimate, we will charge you a standard administration charge of £15 to cover the inspection and the cost of returning the products to you.
- For us to carry out a full inspection service, we recommend that you return all accessories with the products so that we can test all parts. We will not be responsible for any missing parts that may be affecting the performance of your products.
- We will not release any repaired products to you until you have paid for the repair. If you do not pay for any repair within 30 days of the payment becoming due, we may and you authorise us to sell the products to cover the repair costs. We will send you any extra amount that may be left over after we have taken our repair costs.
Products supplied by Hi Kent carry manufacturers’ guarantees. These will vary and customer should enquire of Hi Kent in respect of each particular item. Hi Kent will guarantee equipment for one year from the date of purchase. It is the customers’ responsibility to establish whether a guarantee exists that improves on the Hi Kent guarantee.
11) Risk and ownership
- You will become responsible for what happens to products as soon as you have received them.
- You will not become the legal owner of products until you have paid for them in full. If you have not paid for products, we may refuse to accept further orders from you and we may take legal action against you.
Installations are carried out by Independent Contractors who carry their own Public Liability Insurance. Complaints should, in the first instance, be referred to Hi Kent.
- We will not be liable to you:
- because of any statement we make (unless fraudulent), or any implied warranty, condition or other term;
- because of any duty at common law or under the express terms of any contract for selling products that may be formed; or
- for any indirect, special or consequential loss or damage (whether for loss of profits or otherwise), costs, expenses or other claims for compensation whatsoever;
which arise out of or in connection with us selling you any products. Any liability we do have will be limited to the price of the products.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions removes or limits our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or breach of duty.
- Any clause in these terms and conditions that tries to remove or limit your protection under the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 and the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999, or our liability under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 and the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 (as amended by the Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations 2002) will be interpreted so as to remove such limitation or exclusion or if appropriate shall have no effect and shall not apply and for the avoidance of doubt clause 11.1 shall not apply.
14) Data protection
- As a responsible organisation, we comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 ("Act"). We are registered under the Act with registration number .
- We may share your information with other like-minded organisations so that they can send you information that might interest you, but we will not do so unless you have agreed to us sharing your information in this way. We also share your information with companies we appoint to provide services to you for us (such as processing certain financial transactions and delivering products to you), but always on the understanding that they keep your personal information confidential and secure and that it is used only for those purposes.
- If any part of these terms and conditions is not valid or cannot be enforced in whole or in part this will not affect any other part of the terms and conditions.
- We can transfer, assign, novate or subcontract all or some of our rights and responsibilities under these terms and conditions to any other organisation.
- Any person other than you and us has no rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
- These terms and conditions are governed by English Law.